Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Digital Self

100% Photoshop. Used photo reference, though NO color picking.


Detail:



This was sort of a "try painting in photoshop" type exercise. I approached it as if i where working on a pastel drawing. Had I picked colors directly from the image i was looking at, I would have limited my color options drastically. Usually while doing a pastel drawing I will try to utilize as many of the colors that I can actually see in the figure or image. Which in reality is a lot, but photos usually can't capture as much as the naked eye. So for this I sort of pushed what little information was there, and just used hues/tones that had appropriate values for their locations.

This was fun, I think I'll Do another.

1 comment:

Darnell said...

Hey, it's Colin. It looks nice